Thursday, March 8, 2012

Good Art, Bad Art.

Good Art

Even though I can't honestly say that I am big on Art, I do appreciate beauty. I believe for art to be good, it has to be beautiful. It may sound shallow or what not, but to catch my attention you need to capture my eye. And beauty does just that. After beauty I also need to get a story from the artwork. It has to tell me something, it has to send a message whether it be understandable or not. And maybe I am just saying this because I only pay attention to artwork that first gets my attention, then tells a story. If I paid closer attention I might consider good artwork to contain different qualities than those I mentioned.


Bad Art

I know thousands may disagree with what I consider to be bad art, but this is an opinion based question :). Bad art is something I can not relate to and just does not interest me. When I think of bad art I think of old. Some people find antiques beautiful, and while sometimes I do the same, I prefer modern or contemporary art. Artwork up to date with the present timeframe. Also, I think bad art is something you can not relate to anything. As much as I enjoy abstract art or non-objective, I don't think it should really be considered art. Stating what bad art is, is a lot more difficult solely because i dont think bad art can really be defined. Nobody is the same, everyone has different taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment